Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Tutorial AEM-Launch Integration | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

Tutorial AEM-Launch Integration by The Digital Marketing Architect

Abstract

I have had to recently help a customer with the integration of Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) with Adobe Launch. If you have been following this blog for a while, you already know that my area of expertise is not precisely AEM, so I had to do the whole process to learn it first. To keep it handy for the future, I thought I would share the experience with all of you.

Over the years, I have noticed that, when it comes to technical descriptions, there are two types of people: those who prefer to read it and those who prefer to watch a video. If you prefer videos, then you should watch this series in the Experience League. However, if you are like me and prefer to read the process on one window/screen and apply it on another one, you are in the right place :-)

While, conceptually, this may not be the most complex integration you can find between Adobe tools, it is a bit tricky, as you need to play with 4 different interfaces: AEM, Launch, Admin Console and Adobe IO. Also, since this tutorial touches so many points, I will not be as detailed as I usually am.

I will also assume that you have the right permissions to do all the operations I am going to explain. It is way beyond this tutorial to explain how to configure the permissions for your user. In doubt, you should get support from the system administrator of the Adobe Admin Console for your organisation and your AEM instance. Either you can be granted the right permissions or work with different individuals who have the right access to the tools involved in this process. Admittedly, this requirement will add another level of complexity.

Before I start with the explanation, I also want to highlight that I am using AEM 6.5.9 running on my laptop. This should be the same for any hosted AEM and AEM managed by Adobe (Managed Services). I do not have access to AEM as a Cloud Service (AEMaaCS), so I am not 100% sure how the AEM steps will look like there.

Launch property
The first step is to have a Launch property, which you are going to use for this integration. There is no need to create a new one if you are going to use an existing one.

However, if you are starting from scratch, should create one first.

Go to the Launch UI. Make sure that you are in the correct organisation.

On the “Tag Properties” page, click on “New Property”.

Read Full Blog

Tutorial AEM-Launch Integration

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
0 Replies