Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

TTL based on resourceType

Level 3

Hi All,

I am trying to implement TTL using acs aem commons and it's working fine if I configure it based on paths(Max Age) option.

I was looking for something if it has TTL configuration available per resourceType or template based?  Has anyone tried this thing.

Having resourceType based TTL can be helpful in my case because

I have all the pages stored at the top location e.g. [dispatcher-cache-root]/page-1.html(templateA)  [dispatcher-cache-root]/page-2.html(templateB) etc.  I want all of them to be configured with different TTL, if I go path based, I need to have *.html and once that's configured, any specific configuration e.g. /page-1.html is getting ignored and only generic one takes priority.

Thanks in advance!

Rachna

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

With ACS-TTL, you could write a couple of custom filters & servlets with to apply configuration on your resource types rather than globally across project. In a nutshell, customize the ACS code.

E.g;

acs-aem-commons/bundle/src/main/java/com/adobe/acs/commons/http/headers/impl at master · Adobe-Consu...

acs-aem-commons/DailyExpiresHeaderFilter.java at master · Adobe-Consulting-Services/acs-aem-commons ...

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

With ACS-TTL, you could write a couple of custom filters & servlets with to apply configuration on your resource types rather than globally across project. In a nutshell, customize the ACS code.

E.g;

acs-aem-commons/bundle/src/main/java/com/adobe/acs/commons/http/headers/impl at master · Adobe-Consu...

acs-aem-commons/DailyExpiresHeaderFilter.java at master · Adobe-Consulting-Services/acs-aem-commons ...

Level 3

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for your reply.

I already have SSI implemented which is similar to SDI and it has it's own challenges of invalidating SSI snippets on dispatcher and one of the reason, we are looking for simple solution like TTL.

I will try customising ACS code and will update here.

Once again thanks a ton, much appreciated!!

Regards,

Rachna

Level 3

Hi,

I have got TTL based on resourceType working and the implementation is very similar to acs-aem-commons class DispatcherMaxAgeHaderFilter.java

Thanks & Regards,

Rachna