Expand my Community achievements bar.

Transferring data in bulk from a jsp to another in a custom Touch UI console

Former Community Member

I wanted to create a custom touch UI console.

I overlayed /libs/cq/core/content/nav/sites to  /apps/cq/core/content/nav/My-sites to add an addition option in the left navigation on Url - http://localhost:7502/projects.html

I wanted to perform a custom operation on the selection of page(s) on the above url.

Therefore I overlayed  the path /libs/wcm/core/content/sites/jcr:content/body/content/header/items/selection/items/ to /apps/wcm/core/content/mysites/jcr:content/body/content/header/items/selection/items/my-operation

By now I click on My-sites on the navigation and then select page(s) or site(s) and select the custom operation- "my-operation"

now using this property

href:uritemplate - /apps/wcm/core/content/mysites/myoppagewizard.html{+item}

Clicking on to my custom operation I move to a page at /apps/wcm/core/content/mysites/myoppagewizard  with the selected page(s) or site(s) as request parameters.

Now under this I need to make two sub consoles where I can navigate from one to another.

The first will show the selections I made and asks me to make few inputs and then travel with this data to the next console wherein I need the data entered on previous console for some manipulations and then display.

for this I tried to send the data from first console to the second console ( basically resourceType that maps to  jsp pages under /apps/cq/gui/components/siteadmin/admin/myoppagewizard using request attributes but it is unable to find the resource (the second console) and throws a 404 error )

so, I thought of creating a granite UI form on the first console and pass on the data using a POST operation the second console.( Is this approach correct? do I have a different way to transfer the data from one console to another( they are jsp mappings from resource types under myopppagewizard ?)

If I have to use a Granite UI form under /libs/granite/ui/components/foundation/form then how to proceed in that direction.

P.s - I am very new to using Granite UI and not very versed with the page structure and hierarchies that we use to make these Touch UI consoles.

Urgent help needed !!!

1 Reply

Level 10

"I am very new to using Granite UI"

My first recommendation is to watch our Ask the AEM commuity experts on how to build components for Touch UI: 

https://communities.adobeconnect.com/p3kcgxkqvy3/?launcher=false&fcsContent=true&pbMode=normal

Your thread contains too many questions. 

You need to break it down so community can help you. I am not even sure what you are asking.

However - watching the session on Touch UI is a good first step.