Expand my Community achievements bar.

touch ui pathbrowser by default adding html extension

Level 2

AEM6.2 when selecting page through pathbrowser, this component add html extension by default. When we select DAM assets like pdf, then it also adds .pdf.html extension to the resource.

What is the best way to not add html extension when selecting pdf files using pathbrowser.

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

you can try to manually input the link of your pdf.

link you can take from classic UI or Touch UI console.

link starting from: /content/......

~ Prince

Level 2

This is one of the requirement not to enter the PDF links manually. Do you know who adds .htm to PDF? Can we customize this behavior?. I am sure Lot of people might have faced this before, and what is the  recommendation.

Level 2

We are using TouchUI. Why would AEM OOTB pathbrowser convert href link to /content/site/en/home/broucher.pdf.html. Is this a known AEM bug?

Why would I need to write additional logic to fix the href, when I am selecting a valid page or dam assets. Let me known if anyone faced this challenge before and how it was fixed.

Appreciate your help in advance. Thanks

Level 5

i tried to validate in AEM6.1 geometrixx page properties - advanced tab - Login Page, but i did not see the behaviour which you have specified above, need to check in AEM 6.2 though. Can you also check in geometrixx from your end and make sure that if behaviour is same there as well?