Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Touch UI editor - Image Search

Level 4

Hello All,

How to restrict the assets(specifically looking for images) to be shown from a specified path(say /content/dam/sales) instead of default (/content/dam) under Toggle Side Panel --> Assets, while authoring any page in touch UI editor in  AEM 6.3?

We could able to achieve the above by overlaying /libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/clientlibs/assetfinder/js/image/imageController.js in AEM 6.0.

Could you please let us know how to achieve the same in AEM 6.3 ?

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies

Administrator

See this documentation Extending Assets Search  and  you can overlay /libs/dam/content/search/searchpanel

PathPredicate -> rootPath is what you would need to change.

-Kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 4

Thanks for your revert, but its not working.

I tried overlaying /libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/clientlibs/assetfinder/js/image/ImageAssetPanel.js with below change  and its working. Now, while authoring any page,  in touch UI editor in  AEM 6.3, under Toggle Side Panel --> Assets, only  images under content/dam/sales folder will be shown.

self.setSearchPath = function (spath) {
     //searchPath = spath;
    searchPath ='/content/dam/sales;
};

Could you please let me know who is setting/calling searchPath ? so that, I can pass/change the search path, instead of hard coding in setSearchPath function.

Thanks in Advance

Level 4

Hello All,

Could someone help me, who is calling or setting searchPath in below method?   /libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/clientlibs/assetfinder/js/image/ImageAssetPanel.js

self.setSearchPath = function (spath) {
     //searchPath = spath;
    searchPath ='/content/dam/sales;
};

Thanks in Advance