Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Touch UI dialog is showing the parent component dialog tabs

Level 2

Hi All,

I am working on the migration of the cq components to touch ui compatible and converting all the dialogs into touch ui cq:dialog. Few of the components are inherited from the other components, now if I am converting the dialog to cq:dialog for touch ui support, it is also showing the parent dialog tabs and properties as well. I would like to stop dialog inheritance in the child component as it is creating so many tabs configuration which is confusing sometimes. Whereas the existing dialog is showing only relevant tabs and its properties in the dialog.

Please suggest if someone else faced this issue while working with AEM 6.1

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I think the sling resource merger is doing its job. In this case - try removing sling:resourceSuperType on child component to break the inheritance - this may give you the results you are seeking. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

I think the sling resource merger is doing its job. In this case - try removing sling:resourceSuperType on child component to break the inheritance - this may give you the results you are seeking. 

Level 2

Hi, Thanks for the information, if I remove all the sling:resourceSuperType from the existing working website, I will surely break many functionalities to run the touch ui properly. The original functionality is working fine and the old dialog is working fine without the inheritance. Please suggest if anything we can do to stop dialog inheritance.