Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Too slow loading when openning dialog

Level 2

Hello, 

The dialog for the component, which contains three levels of nested multifields with approximately 150 filled items, experiences significant latency, taking around 10 minutes to open

Upon inspecting the browser's Network tab while opening the dialog, and it seems like there are a ton of requests being sent out (more than 30), but they're all coming back with the same responses.

It seems like there's something causing the system to generate way more requests than necessary, which is obviously slowing everything down.

Could you please advise on how to address this issue?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Firstly, I would recommend double-checking if there's any flexibility to alter how the component functions. It seems unnecessary to have three levels of multifield, which could result in a poor design and user experience. Secondly, I suggest tracking where these calls are being triggered to identify any issues with the multifield configuration, rendering, or functionality. Personally, I haven't encountered this problem before.

Hope this helps

Esteban Bustamante

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Firstly, I would recommend double-checking if there's any flexibility to alter how the component functions. It seems unnecessary to have three levels of multifield, which could result in a poor design and user experience. Secondly, I suggest tracking where these calls are being triggered to identify any issues with the multifield configuration, rendering, or functionality. Personally, I haven't encountered this problem before.

Hope this helps

Esteban Bustamante

Level 2

In the third-level multifield, using richtext has led to excessive requests. Thank you for your advice

Level 4

Hi @margaritageg ,

If you are loading a lot of data on a dialog, I suggest to not load all of them at once, you will have to customize the data load on the dialog with Javascript - Possibly how pagination works, lets say 10 or 20 fields at a time. The based on a user action, click of a button or on scroll load the next set of data. This should give a better authoring experience and the browser won't freeze.

Level 2

Hi @margaritageg Rhythm receipts

Certainly! It looks like the dialog for the component is taking a long time to open because it's sending out too many requests, even though they're all coming back with the same responses. To fix this, we need to figure out why it's generating so many unnecessary requests and reduce them to speed things up.