Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Three questions about AEM

Level 2

Hi Guys,

When I'm working on customizing AEM, I've got some question. 

1. As I know, If we want to change item assignee we have to use delegate. But sometime it doesn't show up or not work well. So Is there any other way to chaneg assignee?

2. When I create Project  and try to insert workflow on it, I only can see few workflow. I made some customize workflows though. Only I can see ((project approval, request Launch, Request Landing page, Request Email). How can we see and use other workflow?

3. And In the project there is Team menu. On here I only can assign user as Editor, Owner, Observer. But What I want is assign user with customized role. Is that possible to make customized role? If so how?

Lastly, I have difficulty on developing customizing AEM with java. Cuz I wasn't able to debug line by line. 

Can you suggest any good way to debug?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Kim,

1. Delegate option will come only if the next step is a 'PARTICIPANT STEP' else it wouldnt not have that option. In your case, Step2 seems to be a non participant step and hence Step 1 user will not see that option. Once you move to the second step, then you should have an option to delegate for the 3rd step.

2. All the workflow models that are displayed depends on the User permissions. To verify, quickly login as admin as see if all of your workflow models are displayed ! 

3. refer [a] which has more details on how to create groups and manage permissions

[a] https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/5-6-1/administering/security.html#Creating Users and Groups

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 10

I am not too clear on point  1. What are you trying to do, assign a workflow  item?

Level 10

1. As I know, If we want to change item assignee we have to use delegate. But sometime it doesn't show up or not work well. So Is there any other way to chaneg assignee?

Is there any specify condition when you noticed that it doesnt work properly or all time it behaves bad.

2. When I create Project  and try to insert workflow on it, I only can see few workflow. I made some customize workflows though. Only I can see ((project approval, request Launch, Request Landing page, Request Email). How can we see and use other workflow?

Are saying you are not able to see you custom workflow in page.? Which workflow are you referring when you say other workflow

3. And In the project there is Team menu. On here I only can assign user as Editor, Owner, Observer. But What I want is assign user with customized role. Is that possible to make customized role? If so how?

These are predefined roles in AEM , however if you need custom one, i guess you need to customized aem behaviour and add your

Lastly, I have difficulty on developing customizing AEM with java. Cuz I wasn't able to debug line by line. 

What do you mean by "developing customizing AEM with java", however for debugging add Slf4j logger in your java code

Employee

Kim Junsung wrote...

You can debug with eclipse as described here: https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kb/CQ5HowToSetupRemoteDebuggingWithEclipse.html

Level 2

Sorry for not clear question. Let me explain the issue more specifically. 

1. When see the picture below. I put some step for completing task with certain user. 

And I start the workflow. Let's saying on the step 1 task goes to Admin but I want to change this task to complete by other user. 

As I know in this case I can use delegate feature to change user. But I wasn't able to click the delegate button. cuz it is disabled. 

2. First I made my own project. Next I try to add workflow on the project. but there are only four workflow model I can use. 

But when I go to Tools > Workflow > Models  There are more than four workflow models includes my custom workflow model.

3. I understand I can custom role. Can I get any reference that explain how to create custom role?

Correct answer by
Level 10

Kim,

1. Delegate option will come only if the next step is a 'PARTICIPANT STEP' else it wouldnt not have that option. In your case, Step2 seems to be a non participant step and hence Step 1 user will not see that option. Once you move to the second step, then you should have an option to delegate for the 3rd step.

2. All the workflow models that are displayed depends on the User permissions. To verify, quickly login as admin as see if all of your workflow models are displayed ! 

3. refer [a] which has more details on how to create groups and manage permissions

[a] https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/5-6-1/administering/security.html#Creating Users and Groups

Level 2

Thanks for answering. 

1. Even delegate option enabled, When I click it, it say "There are no items that can be delegated.". what does this mean?

2. Even though I log in as Admin, There are only four default models on the board.

3. I know about how to create user and group. What I want to know is Creating Role. such as <Editor, Owner, Observer>

Level 10

Roles are nothing but 'Groups' that you create.

Level 2

If so I could see my group on the project > The Them > Role selection., But there are only three Editors, Owners, Observers.