Highlighted

The first node in a transient workflow must be of type: PROCESS but was of type: PARTICIPANT

Suraj_Kamdi

MVP

06-01-2019

I am getting following error after starting my workflow

Replies

Highlighted

Arun_Patidar

MVP

07-01-2019

Hi,

The process step can be expected as first step because when you run a workflow in transient mode AEM does not store any workflow history but when the transient workflow enters a participant step it changes mode (at runtime) to non-transient; as the task is being passed to a person the history needs to be persisted.

Highlighted

atyaf66

07-01-2019

@here,

I was reading this doc: Developing and Extending Workflows

is there any benefit to marking a workflow as transient, if it does have a participant step, or it has an AND split (or any other condition that makes the workflow non-transient) ?

We are trying to decide if it's worth the hassle.

Additionally, it seems like no matter what, the initiator of a transient workflow will always be "workflow-service", is that the case? always?

Thanks.

Highlighted

Arun_Patidar

MVP

07-01-2019

I would go with transient if there is no user interaction like DAM Asset Upload workflow. If you are not sure whether to use transient or non-transient with user interaction you can go with non-transient.

The workflow purge tool can help you to get rid of workflow instances which created for non-transient workflow .

Purge workflow and audit nodes