Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.
SOLVED

The File Chosen to upload should be retrieved to that Particular Page.

Level 3

Hi

As Iam Working on to retrieve the page properties and its values on the page.

Its a Basic form page.The page contains labels,texts,and textareas and file chosen to upload option.When the file that i had chosen is getting uploaded.

In the similar way  Iam able retrieve the text and textarea values on the page but not able to retrieve the file which i had chosen.

Can some one please let me know what is the appropriate way to retrieve the file which i had selected.

Thanks,

Kumar

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can use standard web components to let a user select a file to update. For example, you can place a button on a page that lets a user browse to the file to upload. You could also define a JQuery plug-ins to define a drop zone so a user can drag a file into the dropzone on the page and its uploaded to AEM. There are different ways. 

See this community article that walks you through How To upload a file to AEM - is uses a button to browse to a file:

http://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/uploading-files-aem1.html

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can use standard web components to let a user select a file to update. For example, you can place a button on a page that lets a user browse to the file to upload. You could also define a JQuery plug-ins to define a drop zone so a user can drag a file into the dropzone on the page and its uploaded to AEM. There are different ways. 

See this community article that walks you through How To upload a file to AEM - is uses a button to browse to a file:

http://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/uploading-files-aem1.html

Level 3

Hi

As Iam able to upload the file In this component I am having edit functionality when i click on edit button the uploaded file needs to be retrieved as well as the page data should be retrieved.

Thanks,

Kumar