Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

The Cut and Delete icon are missing during authoring in AEM 6.3 touch UI

Level 6

in AEM 6.3 touch UI, when adding the following line to include the parsys in the mycomponent.html, the Cut and Delete icons are missing:

<div data-sly-resource="${'par' @ resourceType='wcm/foundation/components/parsys'}"></div>

1243909_pastedImage_0.png

Does anyone know what's the problem?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

If its not inside a par, that means there is a static include, which implies that it cannot be cut or delete. So the behavior you are seeing seems right to me as it is a more of code than content.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Level 7

Did you mean the cut and delete icons are missing for the component that was dragged in to your parsys?

Level 1

Have you dragged and drop any component inside this parsys?

Thanks

Level 6

After digging into it. I found because par doesn't exist as a node, that's why the cut and delete icons are missing. If I manually create the par node first, then both icons are back. Don't know why.

Looks like the work around is when loading the component, the par node has to be created if it doesn't exist.

Correct answer by
Level 7

If its not inside a par, that means there is a static include, which implies that it cannot be cut or delete. So the behavior you are seeing seems right to me as it is a more of code than content.

Level 6

A component includes an open parsys to allow the author to drag and drop some components in it. Since the par defined in the open parsys doesn't exist, once you drag the component into the page, you can't delete it because of no delete icon.

Level 7

When you say drag and drop in a page, you still mean parsys, correct? Dont know what you mean by "Since the par defined in the open parsys doesn't exist"

If dropped in parsys, the node of the component would always be under "par"(parsys) node..

Level 6

let's say I have a component footer. Inside the footer.html, I have a line as below to have an open parsys to allow author to drag other component into it.

<div data-sly-resource="${'par' @ resourceType='wcm/foundation/components/parsys'}"></div>

Once I drag the footer into the page, the footer have no cut and delete icons. So you can't delete footer. If I remove above line in the footer.html, then the delete icon is appeared.

I find if I manually create the node par under the footer, then the delete icon is presented,

Level 7

That sounds strange.. Can you share content package with this issue?

Level 6

Look like it only happens in the editable template. Drag the same component into a page, works fine.

Just past below lines into an existing component

<header>

<div style="background-color:#df8600;"></div>

<div>

<div>

<div>

<div>

<h1>

<a href="#">Hello</a>

</h1>

</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>

</header>

<div class="col-sm-7">

</div>

then drag this components into an editable template, when you bring up the template page, in the middle of the component, it should have an "Drag components here" open parsys, but you don't see the cut and delete icon for this component.

if you drag the same component into a page, the cut and delete icons are presented.

Not sure if it is a bug for editable template?

Thanks.