Text pre-extraction in AEM is very useful and highly recommended for re/indexing Lucene indexes on repositories with large binaries that contain extractable text (eg. PDFs, Word Docs, PPTs, TXT, etc.). Running re-indexing directly on lucene indexes is very expensive and may cause performance issues. After completing this tutorial you will be able to understand:-
- Text pre-extraction overview.
- When to use text pre-extraction in AEM.
- When not to use text pre-extraction in AEM.
- Prerequisites for using text pre-extraction.
- Execute text pre-extraction.
- Validate OAK Index Consistency.
Interested in learning how to execute Text Pre Extraction and what are the advantages of using it.