Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Test campaigns without explicitly selecting them in the client context menu

Level 1

I am attempting to create some targeted content. I have created the brand/campaign/experience hierarchy. I then created a segment that I would like to target. I added an individual text component, selected "target" and then created different text for the experiences I created.

This works fine when I explicitly select the "Active Campaign" and "Active Experience" from the client context menu. However, if I set Active Campaign/Active Experience to "(auto)" all the targeted text is gone. When I click on the experience menu, it says "No campaign selected. See Client Context."

I am looking for a way to test if a user selected in the client context menu 'Resolves' to a particular campaign/experience/segment. In the client context menu I can see the resolved segments, but the user is not seeing the targeted experience (in preview mode). How can I see what a user would actually see without explicitly selecting a campaign & experience?

Note: I am using the default author setup on local host (AEM 5.6).

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi,

(Assuming you are not using T&T as it involves more use cases)

I see some disconnet between campaign and segments. So once you create your Brand/Campaign/Experience before that you also have to create/configure segments because segment consist set of rules when it resolved directly map to the experience you created. So if you remember when you create an experience you will have a property available which says which segement you want to associate this particular experience and there you have to associate your experiece with segement. Once you setup your segement (based on rules) and setup your experience (with segment) now the next thing is to use default 'Teaser' component which you can find under 'Personalization' component group. Drop this component on page and configure it. It ask you for properties related to campaign from your you want to display to content when segement resolved and the strategy (configure it with campaign that you have created)

So as soon as your segement will get resolve you will see autometically the corresponding experience will appear on page.

For more information you can refer http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/wcm/campaigns.html and http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/administering/segmentation.html

Let me know for more information.

Thanks,

Pawan

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi,

(Assuming you are not using T&T as it involves more use cases)

I see some disconnet between campaign and segments. So once you create your Brand/Campaign/Experience before that you also have to create/configure segments because segment consist set of rules when it resolved directly map to the experience you created. So if you remember when you create an experience you will have a property available which says which segement you want to associate this particular experience and there you have to associate your experiece with segement. Once you setup your segement (based on rules) and setup your experience (with segment) now the next thing is to use default 'Teaser' component which you can find under 'Personalization' component group. Drop this component on page and configure it. It ask you for properties related to campaign from your you want to display to content when segement resolved and the strategy (configure it with campaign that you have created)

So as soon as your segement will get resolve you will see autometically the corresponding experience will appear on page.

For more information you can refer http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/wcm/campaigns.html and http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/administering/segmentation.html

Let me know for more information.

Thanks,

Pawan

Level 1

Pawan,

Thank you for your response. I have successfully targeted segments using the teaser components (both with and without experience pages). However, I am having trouble targeting other components directly in content pages (non-teaser components).

For example, on the geometrixx homepage, I add a text component. You can then right click and select the option of "target". This seems to allow you to personalize any component on a page. However, in order to see this work properly, you must explicitly set the active campaign and experience in the client context menu. 

Are teasers/targets the only way you can create a personalized experience or can you use the "Target" menu on any individual component?