Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Test behaviour, not implementation | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

Test behaviour, not implementation by DevzBlog

Abstract

Introduction
Last year I spent a lot of time with writing and also practicing how to write good unit/integration tests in AEM (Adobe Experience Manager). Now I would like to share with you what I have learned so far. What I have learned is not only AEM related, you can apply it to any programming language or framework.

Before that time I had some "experience" with unit testing. I wrote several unit tests so that I can say "I have experience with it". But to be honest I didn't like to write it.

Even though I knew what benefits tests brings to the product what we are building, what brings to the team members and to me, I didn't care. Typical excuses were:
1. "I don't have time or we don't have time for it"
2. "I can't test or mock that"
3. "You can't write test, pick up some new feature or fix bug"

and on the end nobody pushed me to write it. Sadly, writing tests wasn't part of development process.
Now when I'm thinking a little bit, I didn't know how to write tests. Let's face it, writing tests is not easy, like many other things when you don't have experience with it.
Luckily that kind of things has changed at some point, and I would like to try convince all of you who are still thinking like "old" me.
I would like that we all start thinking more about Quality and not Quantity.

Read Full Blog

Test behaviour, not implementation

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies