Expand my Community achievements bar.

targeted components are not showing in aem 6.4 publish instance

Level 3

Hi,

We have recently migrated from AEM 6.3 to AEM 6.4. In 6.4 author we saw that contexthub is loading fine and targeted components are visible. But when the same thing we tried to validate in AEM 6.4 publish, we see the visibility of those targeted components as hidden. Any configurations we need to do with respect to publish instance? Codebase is also same, i see no errors in logs as well. Any help would be appreciated as we have a major blocker here.

i have followed other threads where they have mentioned to change the following things:

1. Change sling:resourceType from  /libs/granite/contexthub/cloudsettings/components/baseconfiguration

to  granite/contexthub/cloudsettings/components/baseconfiguration on the contexthub configuration (/etc/cloudsettings/...)

2. we have included this sightly tag in head as well:

<sly data-sly-resource="${'contexthub' @ resourceType='granite/contexthub/components/contexthub'}"/>

But still it is not showing up. Could anyone please help

Thank you so much in advance.

4 Replies

Level 10

Contexthub is a tool used on Author. It simulates information like GEO Data. Like other granite tools - not meant to be used on PUB.

Level 10

GEMS just ran a webinar on this subject today -You will see the recording posted here soon: AEM GEMS

Level 3

smacdonald2008​ thank you for your reply. Yes i followed your comments in other threads that target/contexthub will not be visible on publish.

We just want to see that targeted component in publish, which is not at all visible. In 6.3 publish instance i was able to see this targeted component. i meant the component which i targeted in AEM 6.3 author was visible in AEm 6.3 publish

Level 10

See this doc topic - it states what I mentioned about using only in Author -- Configuring ContextHub