Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Tar Optimization stops for no obvious reasons

Level 4

We have setup TarOptimization to run at night, between 2-5 (default). However, in the log files, althought we can see that it runs, when it processes the tar files in the default WS, it stops after the first file (not throwing any exceptions or any other messages for that matter), then switch to the versions WS.

In your experience, is there something that can prevent the Tar Optimization process from working? I mean, normal data manipulation/replication shouldn't affect this process, right? How can I know more about what the TarPM is doing during Optimization?

Also, Garbage Collection and Consistency Check are not running during TO (as recommended).

Thanks for your advices.

JS.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

if you have access to the OSGI console, you can try to download the complete system configuration, which also contains the logfiles :-)

Jörg

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

How many tar files do you have? Can you post the relevant pieces of your log file?

regards,

Jörg

Level 4

I don't have access to the log files myself (I'll try to post something later), but like I said, the log files tells us it is working.  It goes through crx.default workspace, like 5 minutes, and then it switch to the versions workspace.

I can confirm we have about a dozen tar files per day, and we now have 5 days of undeleted tar files (processed tar files are supposed to be deleted, right?). So you can guess all these tar files are slowly eating up the disk space each day.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

if you have access to the OSGI console, you can try to download the complete system configuration, which also contains the logfiles :-)

Jörg