Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Summary of changes in DAM Assets

Level 5

Hi guys,

We have a requirement to produce a daily summary of changes to DAM Assets under a specific folder. But of course, I'd rather not reinvent the wheel.

So before I go implementing something that runs using a SlingScheduler and records some record of changes from the previous run, I'd like to know if there is something that already exists that I can use to track changes in the JCR generally or the DAM specifically.

EDIT: I am using AEM 6.3

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

As far as I know, AEM does not record anything apart from JCR but events get triggered and store if something is changing in AEM.

you can utilize event handling instead of writing scheduler and get the latest status of the node as soon as it changes, No need to wait for the scheduler to run.

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

There are wide range of reports you can generate OOTB in AEM. Reports can be accessed from [1] by clicking on Create and select the type of report you want.

Screenshot 2020-02-22 at 23.05.25.png

The capability allows you to schedule the release, but won't allow you to transfer it. If you are thinking of getting a report to a slack channel with a link to the report, you can expand the solution from the example in [2] using Adobe I/O eventing.

[1] - http://localhost:4502/mnt/overlay/dam/gui/content/reports/reportlist.html

[2] - https://medium.com/adobetech/monitoring-aem-asset-updates-with-adobe-i-o-events-9c2a8395880d

Level 5
The only reports that I can create are Page Activity, Component, User Report, and Workflow Instance Report.Do any of those track DAM/JCR changes?

Employee Advisor
aah, this reports are available OOTB from 6.4.0

Level 5
That's a shame. We're planning to upgrade but it won't be soon enough.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

As far as I know, AEM does not record anything apart from JCR but events get triggered and store if something is changing in AEM.

you can utilize event handling instead of writing scheduler and get the latest status of the node as soon as it changes, No need to wait for the scheduler to run.

Arun Patidar

Level 5
Yeah, I'm aware of event handling. I know that could be a way to handle this. I might go in that direction.. The requirement is a daily snapshot, so scheduler made sense. I was hoping that there is something available out of the box.