Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Suggestions for Formal HTL, JAVA and Javascript courses in AEM set up for beginners?

Level 3

Hello Community,

I need to learn HTL. I'd like to learn how the whole system works, specifically adding/editing components with varying degrees of logic. Anything from adding new functionality to an existing component to creating a new component from scratch. 

My question, as a noob is, are there any courses/boot-camps out there that teach this stuff? HTL, JavaScript, JAVA and Sling and how it all integrates within the AEM system?

Any information is greatly appreciated 

Thanks!

4 Replies

Employee

Hi judahlow,

I assume there are heaps of suggestions and videos are available. Out of all I personally prefer below links that explained AEM project structure and also detail explanation of the integrations.

HTL

AEM Project setup for beginners 

Component creation

Angular SPA

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Level 3

Hi Lavanya_Pejjayi,

Thanks for the links to Adobe's documentation. I guess I should've been a bit more clear in my messaging. I still consider myself a beginner but, I've gone through the WKND Tutorial and read a good chunk of all the documentation.

I've gone through Adobe's Four day course "Develop Websites and Components in Adobe Experience Manager" as well.

I'm looking for a step-up now; a course that will take me through some more advanced features and component creation - hands on preferably. 

Level 3

Hi ManuMathew1994,

Thank you for the link. I've gone through most of these but I'll run through them again.

I've actually gone through the WKND Tutorial and I've had Adobe's four day course "Develop Websites and Components in Adobe Experience Manager" as well.

I was looking for a "step-up" now; a course that will take me through some more advanced features and component creation - hands on preferably.