Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Storing multiple versions of PDF in AEM DAM and make it available to customer in the form of URL in mail

Level 3

Hi,

I am working on requirement which requires storing multiple versions of PDF in DAM and make these different versions of pdf document available to customers in a mail notification.

Could you please provide me details on below items?

1. Can we provide URLs to different versions of PDF so that user can open the respective pdf in live site?

2. Is it good idea to store heavy volumes of different PDFs (More pdf files with multiple versions) in DAM instead using documentum kind of tool?

3. All the versions need to be stored in DAM more than 2 years

4. And also only latest version of document should be searchable through any search engines.

5. Any performance issues you could think of?

Could you please let me know your thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Hari

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

All of these can be done but only thing is that we need to spend more time on performance testing and see how it behaves. If needed, we can look at some optimization options based on the performance testing reports !

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Very interesting use case. You can use AEM to serve up a pdf stored in the DAM. You can write a custom AEM service to search the DAM and get the latest version. You can also use tags. I am going to research this use case more.

Correct answer by
Level 10

All of these can be done but only thing is that we need to spend more time on performance testing and see how it behaves. If needed, we can look at some optimization options based on the performance testing reports !

Level 3

smacdonald2008 wrote...

Very interesting use case. You can use AEM to serve up a pdf stored in the DAM. You can write a custom AEM service to search the DAM and get the latest version. You can also use tags. I am going to research this use case more.

Thanks , it would be really helpful if you could come back with more analysis details.

Level 10

Also for long term storage of pdf, have you thought of PDF-A? You can write a custom AEM service that actually converts pdf to PDF-A. See

https://pdfbox.apache.org/1.8/cookbook/pdfacreation.html