Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Storing a component property under a different node

Level 4

I am building a tool under the Tools/Misc admin (/etc) for managing a particular custom configuration.  This tool has some characteristics/constraints that I wish to satisfy:

1. I would like to build this page with a custom component for the input of the configuration, so that the Content Managers responsible for this configuration has a consistent experience between using this tool and authoring content.
  2. I would like to decouple the tool and its data, so that the tool may be included in and deployed with a project, without affecting the configuration.

In order to satisfy #2, I believe the data must be stored under a node outside of this configuration management tool.

I believe the easiest/preferable approach to this would be if the component's dialog could specify a name outside of the current node (either relative [../../...] or absolute [/etc/persistent/nodename]).  I've attempted this, and while the approach allows me to save the dialog's property value to a different location, it cannot seem to retrieve the data (how peculiar).  Is there a way to make the population of that dialog field work, when the data is stored on a different node?  Example dialog included below.

I've managed to satisfy the requirement by moving the entire component to the other location (/etc/persistent/nodename) and including that component in my configuration manager page.  I'm not sure this is the best approach, though.

Example dialog (this uses the ACS AEM Commons multifieldpanel, but a simple textfield should work also):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <jcr:root xmlns:cq="http://www.day.com/jcr/cq/1.0" xmlns:jcr="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0" xmlns:nt="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/nt/1.0" jcr:primaryType="cq:Panel" title="Options Configuration"> <items jcr:primaryType="cq:WidgetCollection"> <container jcr:primaryType="cq:Widget" collapsible="{Boolean}false" xtype="dialogfieldset"> <items jcr:primaryType="cq:WidgetCollection"> <options jcr:primaryType="cq:Widget" fieldLabel="Options" name="/etc/persistent/options" orderable="{Boolean}true" xtype="multifield"> <fieldConfig jcr:primaryType="cq:Widget" xtype="multifieldpanel"> <items jcr:primaryType="cq:WidgetCollection"> <text jcr:primaryType="cq:Widget" allowBlank="{Boolean}false" fieldLabel="Breakpoint Name" fieldDescription="Appears as the text for options in the Image Rendition dialog." key="text" xtype="textfield"/> <value jcr:primaryType="cq:Widget" allowBlank="{Boolean}false" fieldLabel="Media Query" fieldDescription="The media query that this breakpoint consists of." key="value" xtype="textfield"/> <qtip jcr:primaryType="cq:Widget" fieldLabel="Hover Text" fieldDescription="A mouseover tip to describe the breakpoint, when the option is hovered over." key="qtip" xtype="textfield"/> </items> </fieldConfig> </options> </items> </container> </items> </jcr:root>
0 Replies