Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Stop retrying Workflow using java

Level 2

Hi,

I have a custom workflow which I don't want to be retried if fails.

if (schemaErrors.size() > 0) {

// session.terminateWorkflow(item.getWorkflow());

String message = LOG.log(Messages.EXCEPTION_RUNNING_UPGRADE_WORKFLOW);

throw new WorkflowException(message);

}

Is there a way to stop retrying once I throw a workflow exception? I have tried with terminateWorkflow but it doesn't seem to work.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

If you throw WorkflowException then WF engine will retry the workflow later based on the AEM workflow Engine configuration. If you remove throwing the exception then retry should not occur.

throw new WorkflowException("Unable to complete processing the Workflow Process step", e);

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @infinityskyline 

Within the execute(WorkItem workItem, WorkflowSession workflowSession, MetaDataMap metaDataMap) you can write the below step which will terminate the workflow.

Workflow workflow = workflowSession.getWorkflow(workItem.getWorkflow().getId());
workflowSession.terminateWorkflow(workflow);

Thanks! 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

If you throw WorkflowException then WF engine will retry the workflow later based on the AEM workflow Engine configuration. If you remove throwing the exception then retry should not occur.

throw new WorkflowException("Unable to complete processing the Workflow Process step", e);