Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Sorting rep:policy

Level 2

Hi everybody,

I have to sort the ACL order on "/". For other folders, lower than "/", this can be be done via the Access control tab in CRXDE (Some bugs but possible). 

For the root folder, it isn't possible this way. We can see the ACL nodes in "/rep:policy/" but it is impossible to move the nodes to sort them. (Could not move node. Received 409 (Conflict). Item is protected.)

The second way I tried, is over Crx/explorer -> content explorer -> security -> Access control editor. Unfortunately, this GUI is so buggy that the drag and drop of the ACL's is impossible.

Is there another way to sort ACL's? I absolutely need it to be sure that the configuration of 2 environments are identical.

Greetings,

A

2 Replies

Level 10

Is there another way to sort ACL's? I absolutely need it to be sure that the configuration of 2 environments are identical.

If you need to sort them - i would look at building a tool that can extract nodes of rep:Group typically located under a path such as /home/groups/d/dam-users. Then build a collection and order them. Finally you can export them to Excel where you can see all of the ACL nodes. CRXDE lite is not meant for this type of view. 

See this community article to give you an idea of how to query nodes and export them to Excel. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/java-swing-applications.html

We have written many tools that pull out JCR data and dump the data into Excel - it works well. 

Level 9

Hi,

This is not a bug. Actually, To avoid any damage, AEM has put restrictions not to move folders at the top level. In the previous version of AEM, User used to move folders by mistakes.Also, sometimes folders used to shuffled automatically and it was weird. 

---Jitendra