Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Sorting on asset search result page

Level 2

Hi there,

According to this document Enhanced Sort , assets can be sorted on search result page.

I have AEM 6.4.2 installed and when I search assets using keyword, on result page I can't see sort icons in column headers.

Do I need to do some sort of config thing?

Thanks

Harpreet

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Harpreet,

By default, when you search in DAM, the search is performed on both files and folders. Unfortunately, sorting is only supported for files (not for folder). In order for you to see sorting, you will need to open the filter (e.g. the icon on the top left) and select just "Files" on the dropdown. Once you select this, then sorting will be available on the column headers.

Regards,

Son

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Harpreet,

By default, when you search in DAM, the search is performed on both files and folders. Unfortunately, sorting is only supported for files (not for folder). In order for you to see sorting, you will need to open the filter (e.g. the icon on the top left) and select just "Files" on the dropdown. Once you select this, then sorting will be available on the column headers.

Regards,

Son

Level 2

Hi Son,

It shows the sorting on few columns when I select files from the filter. I want to add sort on Name column. Is there any setting in admin to do so?

Thanks

Harpreet