Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Social on Mobile APP

Level 1

Hi,

Recently we have been asked to implement ratings components for our application for certain pages. We also have a Phone Gap application content through content sync with our web portal.

What is unclear to me is the synchronization of social data back and forth and changes needed in Content Sync if any. How are social components going to behave in Phone Gap App?

One solution I can think off is to put custom logic in mobile social component with AJAX calls to refresh the ratings data and likewise push the ratings provided on mobile app to AEM.

But is this a better approach to do it? or is there any other way of doing it?

Appreciate any input.

Thanks,

~J

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Yes I think firing an AJAX call should be the right way to do it.  The content sync cache can be rebuilt for the partial updates after the review content is updated but there will be a delay in showing the real time rating data on your mobile app page as there will be a lag of rebuilding the cache and network latency of loading it back in your application.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Yes I think firing an AJAX call should be the right way to do it.  The content sync cache can be rebuilt for the partial updates after the review content is updated but there will be a delay in showing the real time rating data on your mobile app page as there will be a lag of rebuilding the cache and network latency of loading it back in your application.