Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Slow deployments on AEM 6.4/6.5 | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

Slow deployments on AEM 6.4/6.5 by Jörg Hoh

Abstract

I recent post on the AEM forums challenged me to look into an issue I observed myself but did not investigate.

The observation is that during deployments maintenance tasks are stopped and started a lot, and this triggers a lot of other activities, including a lot of healtcheck executions. This slows down the deployment times and also pollutes the logfiles during deployments.

The problem is that the AEM Maintenance TaskScheduler is supposed to react on changes on some paths in the repository (where the configuration is stored), but unfortunately it also reacts on any change of ResourceProviders (and every Servlet is implemented as a single ResourceProvider). And because this causes a complete reload/restart of the maintenance tasks (and some healthchecks as well), it’s causing quite some delay.

But because this behaviour is controlled via OSGI properties, which are missing by default, we can add them on our own 

So just create a OSGI configuration for com.adobe.granite.maintenance.impl.TaskScheduler and add a single multi-value property named “resource.change.types” with the values “ADDED”, “CHANGED”, “REMOVED”.

Read Full Blog

Slow deployments on AEM 6.4/6.5

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies