Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

sling:resourceSupertype: which one I should use, what's the difference?

Level 6

I see there are two resourceType, one is under the libs and another is under the apps. I would like to know if I define a page, which resourceSupterType should I use and why?

/apps/core/wcm/components/page/v1/page vs. /libs/wcm/foundation/components/page

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

The one in /apps/core is new in AEM6.3, part of the new core components.

The other location is from the foundation components, introduced in 6.0

If you are starting a new project/implementation I would use /apps/core

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

The one in /apps/core is new in AEM6.3, part of the new core components.

The other location is from the foundation components, introduced in 6.0

If you are starting a new project/implementation I would use /apps/core

Level 1

BigT168 wrote...

I see there are two resourceType, one is under the libs and another is under the apps. I would like to know if I define a page, which resourceSupterType should I use and why?

Thanks.

As someone mentioned, use /core if you have done modifications to the design, In general for new project Supertype is always a new folder under apps

Level 6

Thank you both.

However, I have two more questions.

1. What's the benefit to use /apps/core, any document to specify the pros and cons between "/apps/core" and "/libs/wcm/foundation/components/page"? 

2. We already developed the apps using  "/libs/wcm/foundation/components/page", just wonder if we should modify the resourceSuperType to point to /apps/core/. If we do, what's the implication since the nodes under the page of /apps/core are a little bit different from the one under the /libs/wcm/foundation/components/page. I don't see analytics, author.html and couple other nodes under /apps/core, I do see additional socialmedia related nodes are added in /apps/core.

Thank you in advance.

Level 6

Bhargav Coca wrote...

BigT168 wrote...

Thanks.

As someone mentioned, use /core if you have done modifications to the design, In general for new project Supertype is always a new folder under apps

Thank you. 

What do you mean "modifications to the design"?

Level 6

I figure if we use /apps/core, the classic UI is not supported. Unless we convert all our components to touch UI, for now, we can't use /apps/core.

Thanks.