Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

sling.properties | Which is the correct location in CQ

Level 4

Hi all,

I see "sling.properties" file at many places in CQ installation. Which is the correct location of sling.properties which CQ reads.

I see it at following locations:
cq5.6.1\crx-quickstart\sling.properties
cq5.6.1\crx-quickstart\conf\sling.properties
cq5.6.1\crx-quickstart\launchpad\conf\sling.properties

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Rohit Pathak,

If you start CQ using the script crx-quickstart/bin/start, then the file crx-quickstart/sling.properties is used when CQ start up. However, if you start using the jar file (e.g. java -jar cq5-author-4502.jar), the file crx-quickstart/conf/sling.properties is used instead. If the sling.properties does not exist for any reason, it will automatically create a default one.

Thus, depending on how you start CQ, it will determine which sling.properties is used. You can remove the one that you do not need.

Thanks,
Sham

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Rohit Pathak,

If you start CQ using the script crx-quickstart/bin/start, then the file crx-quickstart/sling.properties is used when CQ start up. However, if you start using the jar file (e.g. java -jar cq5-author-4502.jar), the file crx-quickstart/conf/sling.properties is used instead. If the sling.properties does not exist for any reason, it will automatically create a default one.

Thus, depending on how you start CQ, it will determine which sling.properties is used. You can remove the one that you do not need.

Thanks,
Sham