Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Sightly integration issues with Angular 2.0

Level 2

while implementing Angular 2 we have encountered a road block with respect to its compatibility with Sightly.  While we have enough case studies & credentials to prove that Angular 1.x is easily integrated AEM 6.x, I wasn't able to locate anything for Angular 2 integration except for the knowledge article -

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/aem_angular21.html

Please can anyone suggest what are limitations going forward we use Angular 2.0 for our Front End UI implementation? & also what is the roadmap to upgrade Sightly with Angular 2.0 ? I also understand, there will be significant issues in integration Adobe Target as well as Angular 2 is not DOM based, whereas Target needs the complete page DOM to process personalized offers.

While doing the POC following hurdles were encountered - I'm attaching a screen shot as well for your reference. 

1.  The authoring of components doesn't not work with Angular 2.0 as when something is updated in Dialog boxes, the sightly code ${properties.text} to read the property will not work.

2. The dynamic code to read the values from sightly will not work as expected in sightly. Please find attached screenshot for your reference.
3. When Target will come to picture, it might have some impact as target reads DOM and will have some complex scenarios as DOM might change with Angular 2.0

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

That article was a community article and made use of community member who wrote a basic POC article that uses AEM /Angular2.

I will contact the member whom wrote the POC on which the article was based to get their thoughts.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

That article was a community article and made use of community member who wrote a basic POC article that uses AEM /Angular2.

I will contact the member whom wrote the POC on which the article was based to get their thoughts.

Level 10

Have you tried using this syntax to get a dialog value - like you would in a JSP:

<%=properties.get("image5", "Travel pic 5") %>

Level 7

Could you please share your sample code package on aahlawa@gmail.com, i will have a look and let you know.

Level 2

AnkurAhlawat wrote...

http://keysandstrokes.info/integrate-aem-6-2-angular-24/ This is also a good example of angular 2 with sightly

Sure... I'll look into this & get back to you with my sample package soon. 

Level 2

smacdonald2008 wrote...

Have you tried using this syntax to get a dialog value - like you would in a JSP:

<%=properties.get("image5", "Travel pic 5") %>

this didn't work unfortunately.