Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.

Sightly:How to iterate Map<String, Map<String, Map<ModelObject, List<ModelObject>>>>

Level 2

Hi All,

I am not able to iterate the below map in sightly.

Map<String, Map<String, Map<ModelObject, List<ModelObject>>>>

I want to parse this map and read all the elements in all objects.

Please help.

7 Replies

Administrator

Did you chek this post: Sightly : How to Iterate through Map&lt;String , Map&gt;

//Here an example the shows how it can be done, without java code.

https://github.com/heervisscher/htl-examples/blob/master/core/src/main/java/com/adobe/examples/htl/c...

HTL-code:

<div data-sly-use.hashmap="com.adobe.examples.htl.core.hashmap.HashMapExample"

data-sly-list="${hashmap.map.keySet.iterator}">

${item}

<ul data-sly-list.aem="${hashmap.map[item].keySet.iterator}">

<li>${aem} ${hashmap.map[item][aem]}</li>

</ul>

</div>

Another post List of maps in Sightly

Helpx https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/htl_movie62.html

~kaututk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Yes I checked this post and I am able to iterate but I am not able to iterate this below mentioned part of map.

Map<ModelObject, List<ModelObject>>

I am able to get key of above map, but I am not able to get value which is list of model object.

Level 10

Kautuk pointed you to valid code to iterate collections. Also see this article for another example:

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating an Adobe Experience Manager HTL component that displays a r...

This HTL component works with a Collection as well. For your example, make sure that you correctly reference the element in the collection using correct HTL syntax.

Level 2

Hi Smacdonald,

Kautuk pointed to iterate collections is correct.But in my collection while iterating last map I am able to get key which is object but I am not able to get value corresponding to object key.

I am getting invalid property name error.

Need help with the last map iteration.

Level 2

Hi Feike,

PFB sightly code.

<ul role="menu" aria-expanded="false" aria-hidden="true" data-sly-list.outer="${modelClass.map[key][keyName].keySet.iterator}"

data-sly-test="${modelClass.map[key][keyName].keySet.iterator}">

<li class="has-sub closed" role="menuitem">

<span>${outer.mainTitle}</span>

<ul role="menu" aria-expanded="false" aria-hidden="true" data-sly-test="${modelClass.map[key][keyName][outer]}">

</ul>

</li>

</ul>

I am getting invalid property name error while testing last  iteration <ul> tag.

Community Advisor

Can you share a package with the sample code to replicate this issue and test it out to find the root cause ?