Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Setting value is multi values property through java code

Level 2

Hi,

I am trying to set values to one string[] multi valued property in the CQ page.  i am doing it through remote java application not in CQ environment.

Here is the code that i am using

Value[] values = new Value[10];

values[0] = session.getValueFactory().createValue("NewValue-one");

values[1] = session.getValueFactory().createValue("NewValue-two");

while(nodeIter.hasNext())

{

Node myNode= nodeIter.nextNode();

myNode.getName();

myNode.setProperty("cq:tags", values);

}

I am not getting any exceptions while setting the property but after setting the values to the property, i looked into the properties tab in the CRXDE and i am seeing the values are not set and it's empty.

Here is the screenshot of properties tab in the CRXDE

1362801_pastedImage_1.png

Can someone help me on this? Let me know if you need anymore info.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

In  myNode.setProperty("cq:tags", values); values has to be String[] and save session.

myNode.getSession().save();

1362833_pastedImage_0.png

Ref: https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/spec/jsr170/javadocs/jcr-2.0/javax/jcr/Node.html#setProperty(java.lan..., java.lang.String[])

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

In  myNode.setProperty("cq:tags", values); values has to be String[] and save session.

myNode.getSession().save();

1362833_pastedImage_0.png

Ref: https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/spec/jsr170/javadocs/jcr-2.0/javax/jcr/Node.html#setProperty(java.lan..., java.lang.String[])

Level 10

That is correct - you need to use an array.

Level 2

I agree with you. But In my case i am setting value to the "cq:tags" property.  whenever i am setting the values using the above code, the value becomes empty in the cq:tags property.

Do we need to do in a different way to set multivalue to the property cq:tags?

Community Advisor

Edit :- Correcting my answer

Arun,

Could you please check if the tags you are trying to set is already present under /etc/tags ? If not your values will never set to cq:tags property

Thanks

Veena

Community Advisor

Hi Scott.

We cannot set tags as normal properties. Those needs to be handled using TagManager API

Level 6

Can you please confirm that your tags are already created before saving in cq:tags property. Properties will not save if tags are not present.

or you can also use tagManager api to set tags

void setTags(Resource resource, Tag[] tags)

void setTags(Resource resource, Tag[] tags,boolean autoSave)

Level 2

I will check that . Before doing that i am trying to access tag manager api but can't get access to getTagManager method.

I can't able to call get TagManager method using the JCRTAG manager resolver factory. It's throwing me error. Here is my code

JcrTagManagerFactory.getTagManager(session); //throwing compile time error

@mjb54261515

Community Advisor

Hi Arun

For tag related operations, you should use tag manager API TagManager ("The Adobe AEM Quickstart and Web Application.") 

To get a TagManager object , you can do the following

Please refer sample codes to work with TagManagers here Java Code Example com.day.cq.tagging.TagManager

Java Code Example com.day.cq.tagging.TagManager

Thanks

Veena

Level 2

Hey Guys,

Thanks for your valuable information. It was very helpful. At-last i found solution to my problem. I am connecting CQ remotely through my java code and i am not using Sling or OSGI . Because my application is not running in any of the CQ servers and it's running remotely in apache tomcat server. So i am using only JCR api to connect to CQ server and modifying the contents. Here is the code which used for tagging.

Node jcrNode=session.getNode("/etc/tags/default");

Node my_casecustom=jcrNode.addNode("my_casecustom","cq:Tag");

jcrNode.addMixin("mix:referenceable");

session.refresh(true);

session.save();

my_casecustom.setProperty("jcr:title", "custom,my case");

my_casecustom.setProperty("jcr:title.en_us", "custom,my case");

my_casecustom.setProperty("sling:resourceType", "cq/tagging/components/tag");

session.refresh(true);

session.save();

After i added CQ:TAGS property into my pagecontent node and it's settings the values to corresponding node.