Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Setting number values in dialog.xml doesn't work

Former Community Member

Hi,

I'm having trouble setting number values in my dialog.xml files. For example I want to specify the width of a dialog and textfield, but it does not actually work for me. Is there a trick to it?

<playSpeed jcr:primaryType="cq:Widget" fieldDescription="Slideshow speed in milliseconds." fieldLabel="Play Speed" defaultValue="3000" emptyText="3000" value="{Long}3000" name="./playSpeed" incrementValue="{Long}100" minValue="{Long}500" maxValue="{Long}20000" vtype="digits" width="{Long}150" xtype="spinner"> </playSpeed>

I saw/read somewhere that you should specify the type, but that doesn't work for me either. I got all the property names from the Widget API documentation so they should exist...

Any help or information is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Refer our oob examples at 

/libs/foundation/components/chart/design_dialog/items/bar/items/spacing
/libs/foundation/components/chart/design_dialog/items/bar/items/width
/libs/foundation/components/chart/design_dialog/items/pie/items/angle
/libs/foundation/components/chart/design_dialog/items/line/items/width

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Refer our oob examples at 

/libs/foundation/components/chart/design_dialog/items/bar/items/spacing
/libs/foundation/components/chart/design_dialog/items/bar/items/width
/libs/foundation/components/chart/design_dialog/items/pie/items/angle
/libs/foundation/components/chart/design_dialog/items/line/items/width

Level 10

Did you reference an online source or document to build this (other than the reference docs) -- if so -- can you point us to it. 

Former Community Member

No, nothing special. I just looked at the 'Spinner' type here: http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/widgets-api/index.html and looked at the allowed properties. And just to confirm, the dialog itself works just fine, it's just those number values that don't seem to work.