Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Set custom NodeJS version in Cloud Manager for frontend pipelines

Level 2

Developing Sites with the Front-End Pipeline document mentions that it is possible to set NodeJS version to 12 or 16 using pipeline variable CM_CUSTOM_VAR_NODE_VERSION. However, it does not mention which value should be used. I tried setting this variable to 16 and 16.20.0, but neither worked, pipeline still uses 14.19.1. The command I used to set the variable is similar to this:

aio cloudmanager set-pipeline-variables <pipeline id> -v CM_CUSTOM_VAR_NODE_VERSION -v 16

Which value should I use for the change to take effect?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @Gleb_Usoltsev ,

Could you try this?

aio cloudmanager:set-pipeline-variables <pipeline id> --variable NODE_VERSION 16

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Nitesh

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

@Gleb_Usoltsev  We need to set the values in key value format

aio cloudmanager set-pipeline-variables <pipeline-id> -v CM_CUSTOM_VAR_NODE_VERSION=<node-version>

Ref: GitHub - adobe/aio-cli-plugin-cloudmanager: Cloud Manager plugin for the Adobe I/O CLI

Level 2

I don't think command line syntax is the problem here, because when I run command below, I can see the value that I set:

aio cloudmanager list-pipeline-variables <pipeline-id>

Current output for my pipeline:

Name Type Value
────────────────────────── ────── ───────
CM_CUSTOM_VAR_NODE_VERSION string 16.20.0

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @Gleb_Usoltsev ,

Could you try this?

aio cloudmanager:set-pipeline-variables <pipeline id> --variable NODE_VERSION 16

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Nitesh