Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Service Factory returning null after deploying project into aem

Level 8

Hi, 

I created a project with this cmnd 
mvn -B archetype:generate
-D archetypeGroupId=com.adobe.aem
-D archetypeArtifactId=aem-project-archetype
-D archetypeVersion=26
-D appTitle="WKND SPA React"
-D appId="wknd-spa-react"
-D artifactId="aem-guides-wknd-spa.react"
-D groupId="com.adobe.aem.guides.wkndspa.react"
-D frontendModule="react"
-D aemVersion="6.5.11.0"
then after I deployed it to aem instance then i am getting the below error
 *ERROR* [FelixDispatchQueue] org.apache.felix.inventory FrameworkEvent ERROR (org.osgi.framework.ServiceException: Service factory returned null. (Component: org.apache.sling.commons.metrics.rrd4j.impl.CodahaleMetricsReporter (3379)))
org.osgi.framework.ServiceException: Service factory returned null. (Component: org.apache.sling.commons.metrics.rrd4j.impl.CodahaleMetricsReporter (3379))
    at org.apache.felix.framework.ServiceRegistrationImpl.getFactoryUnchecked(ServiceRegistrationImpl.java:381)
    at org.apache.felix.framework.ServiceRegistrationImpl.getService(ServiceRegistrationImpl.java:248)
    at org.apache.felix.framework.ServiceRegistry.getService(ServiceRegistry.java:350)
    at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.getService(Felix.java:3954)
    at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleContextImpl.getService(BundleContextImpl.java:450)
    at org.apache.felix.inventory.impl.InventoryPrinterManagerImpl.addingService(InventoryPrinterManagerImpl.java:127) [org.apache.felix.inventory:1.1.0]
    at org.apache.felix.inventory.impl.InventoryPrinterManagerImpl.addingService(InventoryPrinterManagerImpl.java:48) [org.apache.felix.inventory:1.1.0]
    at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdding(ServiceTracker.java:943)
    at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdding(ServiceTracker.java:871)
    at org.osgi.util.tracker.AbstractTracked.trackAdding(AbstractTracked.java:256)
    at org.osgi.util.tracker.AbstractTracked.track(AbstractTracked.java:229)
    at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.serviceChanged(ServiceTracker.java:903)
    at org.apache.felix.framework.EventDispatcher.invokeServiceListenerCallback(EventDispatcher.java:990)
    at org.apache.felix.framework.EventDispatcher.fireEventImmediately(EventDispatcher.java:838)
    at org.apache.felix.framework.EventDispatcher.fireServiceEvent(EventDispatcher.java:545)
    at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.fireServiceEvent(Felix.java:4833)
    at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.registerService(Felix.java:3804)
    at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleContextImpl.registerService(BundleContextImpl.java:328)
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager$3.register(AbstractComponentManager.java:907) [org.apache.felix.scr:2.1.20]
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager$3.register(AbstractComponentManager.java:893) [org.apache.felix.scr:2.1.20]
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.RegistrationManager.changeRegistration(RegistrationManager.java:128) [org.apache.felix.scr:2.1.20]
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.registerService(AbstractComponentManager.java:960) [org.apache.felix.scr:2.1.20]
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.activateInternal(AbstractComponentManager.java:733) [org.apache.felix.scr:2.1.20]
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.enableInternal(AbstractComponentManager.java:667) [org.apache.felix.scr:2.1.20]
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.enable(AbstractComponentManager.java:433) [org.apache.felix.scr:2.1.20]
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ConfigurableComponentHolder.enableComponents(ConfigurableComponentHolder.java:666) [org.apache.felix.scr:2.1.20]
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.BundleComponentActivator.initialEnable(BundleComponentActivator.java:353) [org.apache.felix.scr:2.1.20]
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator.loadComponents(Activator.java:553) [org.apache.felix.scr:2.1.20]
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator.access$200(Activator.java:69) [org.apache.felix.scr:2.1.20]
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator$ScrExtension.start(Activator.java:424) [org.apache.felix.scr:2.1.20]

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Vani1012 

Please add the value immediate = true to all your service impl classes so that they would become available once the code is installed.

Thanks,

Kiran Vedantam.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

HI @Vani1012 

A couple of quick questions:

1. Is the AEM version used to create the project (6.5.11) is same as your local version?
  2. Do you see all your bundles active?
  3. Can you try immediate = true for your services and check?

Related issues: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-3850 

Thanks,

Kiran Vedantam

Level 8

Hi @Kiran_Vedantam ,

yes I have 6.5.11 version and all the bundles are active only I didnt understand the third step you mentioned that is 

1. Can you try immediate = true for your services and check?

on which service class I have to use that immediate=true?

Can you please explain.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Vani1012 

Please add the value immediate = true to all your service impl classes so that they would become available once the code is installed.

Thanks,

Kiran Vedantam.

Employee Advisor

HI @Vani1012 ,

Is the SP11 installed to the aem server before deploying the code ? If not please download the SP11 from 
software distribution link.

And follow:

• Start server
  • Install service pack downloaded above using package manager
  • Restart local aem instance
  • Deploy custom code 
  • Check if the bundle goes active.

Thanks,

Milind

Level 8

Hi @milind_bachani ,

I installed sp11 before I deploy the code into author instance the steps that you mentioned above I did as it is but the issue isnt fixed, please help me to fix this.