Expand my Community achievements bar.

Server Side Include(SSI) in IIS with AEM Dispatcher

Former Community Member

I am using Dispatcher 4.1.8 with IIS7.5. On interpreting the '<!--#include virtual=path'  SSI tag, getting an error 'Error Processing SSI file' on the page.

But the same is working with Apache HTTP server.

3 Replies

Level 10

Have you configured IIS to handle SSI?  From the logs is request going to dispatcher & then publish,If so verify IIS config

http://tech.mikeal.com/blog1.php/server-side-includes-for-html-in-iis7

Former Community Member

Yes, I have enabled SSI in IIS as per the link you gave. There are nothing in the logs (request and dispatcher logs) for the page to be included dynamically.

But one thing what i have observed is that, if I manually cache the page in the docroot location, the SSI tag is replaced by the actual content. But in this case the content is what cached in the docroot location of dispatcher.

Level 10

AEM Dispatcher with IIS wrote...

Yes, I have enabled SSI in IIS as per the link you gave. There are nothing in the logs (request and dispatcher logs) for the page to be included dynamically.

But one thing what i have observed is that, if I manually cache the page in the docroot location, the SSI tag is replaced by the actual content. But in this case the content is what cached in the docroot location of dispatcher.

If i understand correctly cq caching the page replacing ssl with actual content. This should not happen please file daycare request we can take a look.