Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

server copy, not able to start the clone server

Level 4

we run aem 6.3.2.1 server on segmentstore, we copied the complete segement store, datastore into different paths updated the configurations and deleted the sling id and changed the port  number and started the server on the same host.

once the server is started, not able to login even with root admin user and the pages are not opening giving script errors. PFB detailed errors

Login error:

08.10.2020 13:24:49.835 *WARN* [qtp2125863239-42029] org.apache.sling.auth.core.impl.SlingAuthenticator handleSecurity: AuthenticationHandler did not block request; access denied

Page errors:

In-page error: org.apache.sling.api.SlingException: Cannot get DefaultSlingScript: org.mozilla.javascript.EcmaError: ReferenceError: "currentPage" is not defined. (/apps/******/components/page/basepage/partials/head.js#6)

Error log:

08.10.2020 13:26:11.361 *ERROR* [10.157.7.65 [1602177971348] GET /content/*****/*****/****/A-10/A-10-019.html HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingRequestProcessorImpl service: Uncaught SlingException

org.apache.sling.scripting.sightly.SightlyException: org.apache.sling.api.SlingException: Cannot get DefaultSlingScript: org.mozilla.javascript.EcmaError: ReferenceError: "currentPage" is not defined. (/apps/******/components/page/basepage/partials/head.js#6)

i can't do a recomplie of js/jsp becasue i can't login into aem, what should i do?

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @ramgopalm545617,
Can you confirm

Level 4

Hi @Vijayalakshmi_S,

we generally don't follow the document process, we genrally stop the server.

copy crx-quickstart from one path to another path and datastore from one path to another path, update the blob datastore config (org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.blob.datastore.FileDataStore.config) to the new datastore path, update the host name and port and remove the sling id and then start the new server on the same host.

the same worked for author, but publish instance alone is having these issues.

Community Advisor

Can you check if you are able to access system/console from your cloned publish instance. Per the error mentioned when accessing pages, can try framework restart if system/console is accessible.

http://localhost:4503/system/console/vmstat

Level 4

Hi @Vijayalakshmi_S,

If we are trying to access the publish instance felix console, it redirects to login page and it is not allowing to login into AEM

Level 4
Hi @Vijayalakshmi S, I tried to get the bundle status using the same user name and password and i'm able to get the json response