Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Sequential scheduling of jobs

Level 3

Hi experts,

I have several jobs in my system that runs at specific period of time define in OSGI config. But what I really want is add dependency between these jobs. In other words, I want job 2 to wait until job 1 is finished, job 3 to wait on job 4 and so on.  I tried couple of experiments with "canRunConcurrently", but it seems that it only applied to same job name and instance. 

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

How strict is the requirement to run these jobs at specific times? If it's possible to run them one after the other you should use a workflow. If you have strict requirements regarding starting time of the job and the dependencies, you probably have to implement it on your own. I don't see any possile ootb feature.

kind regards,
Jörg

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

How strict is the requirement to run these jobs at specific times? If it's possible to run them one after the other you should use a workflow. If you have strict requirements regarding starting time of the job and the dependencies, you probably have to implement it on your own. I don't see any possile ootb feature.

kind regards,
Jörg

Level 10

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe Community.

Please go through the below community article and see if it helps:

Scheduling Adobe Experience Manager Jobs using Apache Sling

Thanks!