Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Searching Log Files for Deleted Content

Former Community Member

Hello All,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post.

I am having a problem with page content disappearing out of nowhere. Is there any place or any tools that I ca use to discover why content are disappearing? how can I look or read the log files to find something like this. I have look on the properties but there is not much to look for there. If any one has a clue or suggestion please let me know.

Thank you. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Assuming the content is being edited/removed by an author in WCM, try checking out the Audit Log in the Sidekick. It will not itemize what has changed, but it should list when things were changed and by whom.

[img]cq-audit-log.png[/img]

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Can you please provide more details:

1 - what type of content is disappearing?

2 - is  the content disappearing from author?

3 - What CQ version are you using? 

Correct answer by
Employee

Assuming the content is being edited/removed by an author in WCM, try checking out the Audit Log in the Sidekick. It will not itemize what has changed, but it should list when things were changed and by whom.

[img]cq-audit-log.png[/img]

Former Community Member

Hi, Thanks for the replay.

1. The contents are text, headlines and images. I have looked at the CRXDE and i saw that the nodes where not there. this is very wired. I also looked at the Audit Log of the page (mentioned by the other user) and I dont see any changes recently. 

2. Yes the content was removed from Author.

3. CQ5.5

My theory is that the system might have done something, not a actual user. So I am looking for some kind of system log to track this issue. The page content was a Live Copy but translated.