Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Schedule or Calendar for AEM Push Update/Maintenance releases

Level 4

Hello Devs,

I want to know where we can find Schedule or Calendar for AEM Push Update/Maintenance releases. Before 2 weeks we were facing issues on AEM Maintenance Update and updates failed for 4 times with this error: "The deployment failed with a timeout due to a system issue. Contact Adobe Support if the issue recurs."
I was not sure why this happened and client was asking us if we have Schedule or prior dates for AEM Push Update so that we will be aware. How do we know about AEM Push Update/Maintenance releases dates? Also can we see logs why its failing in case..?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @supriya-hande ,

Maintenance update is available on the date mentioned in the link but it will get applied to your instance whenever you run pipeline after the update time. So that's why you are seeing the difference. 

You can check this by clicking on the activity tab. 

Thanks,

Nikita Garg

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 4

Hi @Nikita___Garg ,

Thanks for quick reply. I am using same link but I am bit confused. What is difference between Feature Release and Maintenance Release or is it same? Both of those links having different dates.

For my project, last time AEM Maintenance Update was done on 6th July and I was not aware of that. At the same time we had Prod deployment so that clients are asking us how come AEM Maintenance Update started all of sudden. So thats why I am checking if there is schedule where I can see upcomingMaintenance release.

Employee Advisor

Hi @supriya-hande ,

If your project is onboarded to release orchestrator, then the monthly release will get auto installed on the environments when you run the pipeline. 

You might have seen update available in cloud manager console. On the lower environment, you can choose to update the environment manually whereas on higher environment you cannot do this.

Nikita___Garg_0-1689329023815.png

You might see AEM Release like this. in which 2023.4 is your release date and 11835 is your maintenance update pack number. 

Maintenance pack get released when there is any bug needs to fix on the release.

I hope this clarifies your question.

Thanks,

Nikita Garg

Level 4

Hi @Nikita___Garg ,

Yes I have seen that AEM Maintenance update which is available in cloud manager console. I know it happens automatically and not in our control but there should be some schedule which notifies Maintenance release dates. 
Whatever dates mentioned in release notes here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/release-notes/maint... seems different than the date on which actual AEM Maintenance update happened for my project.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @supriya-hande ,

Maintenance update is available on the date mentioned in the link but it will get applied to your instance whenever you run pipeline after the update time. So that's why you are seeing the difference. 

You can check this by clicking on the activity tab. 

Thanks,

Nikita Garg

Level 4

Hi @Nikita___Garg ,

Yeah I just checked Activity tab. I can see AEM Maintenance updates got applied after Prod build. Now I got clarification on this.

Thanks for all the Info.