Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Scene7 Query Timeout

Level 1

It appears we are running into a timeout when we try to run queries against scene7. If I provide a specific search string, it will come back with results, however it times out when trying to display entire folders. Is there a place to adjust the timeout?

We are running 5.6.1 and have about 7000 images in the folder we are trying to hit.

(I have included the error message we are getting in the error log below)

10.02.2014 08:56:00.375 *ERROR* [192.150.1.52 [1392040550300] GET /etc/cloudservices/scene7/scene7/jcr%3acontent.search.json HTTP/1.1] com.day.cq.dam.scene7.impl.Scene7APIClientImpl Unable to retreieve assets from search operation java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:150)
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:121)
        at sun.security.ssl.InputRecord.readFully(InputRecord.java:442)
        at sun.security.ssl.InputRecord.read(InputRecord.java:480)
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:927)
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readDataRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:884)
        at sun.security.ssl.AppInputStream.read(AppInputStream.java:102)

Thanks

Charles

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Not sure what you mean by display full folders - if there are thousands of search results, it is not practical to load all these at once for the end user to view. Only a screen's worth of image thumbnails should be displayed - i.e. use a paging mechanism. If the user scrolls down, load the next set of results.

If you mean the search results themselves don't return, this depends on what API call you are using:

"searchAssets returns up to 1000 assets in a single call. To return up to 10,000 assets per call, limit the response data to a subset of the totalRows, name, handle, type, and subType fields. To return larger sets, set up paging with the resultPage parameter. "

There is also getAssetsByName and SearchsAssetsByMetadata.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Not sure what you mean by display full folders - if there are thousands of search results, it is not practical to load all these at once for the end user to view. Only a screen's worth of image thumbnails should be displayed - i.e. use a paging mechanism. If the user scrolls down, load the next set of results.

If you mean the search results themselves don't return, this depends on what API call you are using:

"searchAssets returns up to 1000 assets in a single call. To return up to 10,000 assets per call, limit the response data to a subset of the totalRows, name, handle, type, and subType fields. To return larger sets, set up paging with the resultPage parameter. "

There is also getAssetsByName and SearchsAssetsByMetadata.