Expand my Community achievements bar.

Run work to specific groups in AEM 6.5

Employee

I have a requirement to process the workflow to specific groups that starts with group name as "test-approver","test-reviewer" like that, here test is the identifier that belongs to one segment. same way, i have many segments available.

Now how to implement this workflow to make sure it is going to the specific groups and not to the other groups?

any thoughts here?

4 Replies

Level 4

Hi @SateeshRe ,

Do you mean your requirement is to dynamically assign the workflow to user groups starting with "test-approver","test-reviewer", etc ?

Employee

No. 

I have 3 types of segment. each segment has different groups like seg1-author,seg1-reviewer,seg1-approver and seg2-author,seg2-reviewer ... and so on..

Now , if seg1-author is initiating the worflow then only he should be able to select the reviwers in seg1-reviewer group and also this workflow should flow or go to the seg1-** group users only. 

same way , if seg2-** can initiate the worflow and it should go to the seg2-approvers only.

Simply, seg1,seg2 ,seg3..... can start the worflows and can assign the approval requests to their groups approvers only.

Community Advisor

Hi @SateeshRe 
Can you please add more detail?

Which steps are you suing in the workflow.

If you are using participant steps to choose approvers, you can't hide the other groups. 

You can use the dialog participant steps where you can create custom dropdown to load/choose approver of your choice.

Arun Patidar

Administrator

@SateeshRe Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni