Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Rss feed

Level 2

Has anyone tried generating the custom rss fed in cq.????

I am able to generate the xml file for rss feed but dont know how to achieve the html form as shown in the attached file.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

That looks ok to me. That is how the standard feed also would look like in CQ/AEM.
You ARE creating a RSS feed and you get the desired output. The RSS links (eg. somerandomsite.com/blogs/myblog/2/februaryblog.feed.xml) are not supposed to show a nice looking html site and chrome will certainly not try to display it in any other way. They are supposed to be red by RSS readers.

You already have the normal blog .jsp files for the normal presentation of the blog and it's blogentries :)
So try to download a RSS reader and see what it does with the RSS you have created. I'm sure it will work fine.

/Johan

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 7

Hello Punith,
the structure of a normal RSS feed is xml like (http://www.rssboard.org/rss-specification) and you do not have to create a html version. Some web browsers however have the native ability to translate that into something that looks like html straight away (like Firefox). Usually, when subscribing to RSS feeds, you use a RSS reader/aggregator of some kind and they will take care of the display for you :) 

If one would want to create a html like the one you provided as a screenshot, it would be very easy to achieve just be extending the normal list component and changing the layout of the output. But in your case I don't think you have anything to worry about since you already have been able to generate the xml file.

Regards
Johan

Level 2

Hi Johan,

I have tried printing the output in monzilla, but i am not able to achieve it in the desired html form.

Level 2

I am getting the output, as shown in the below attached doc.

Correct answer by
Level 7

That looks ok to me. That is how the standard feed also would look like in CQ/AEM.
You ARE creating a RSS feed and you get the desired output. The RSS links (eg. somerandomsite.com/blogs/myblog/2/februaryblog.feed.xml) are not supposed to show a nice looking html site and chrome will certainly not try to display it in any other way. They are supposed to be red by RSS readers.

You already have the normal blog .jsp files for the normal presentation of the blog and it's blogentries :)
So try to download a RSS reader and see what it does with the RSS you have created. I'm sure it will work fine.

/Johan