Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events

RolloutConfigManager in aem 6.5 localhost is always unsatisfied in system components

Level 1

I am following below code to retrieve rollout config from RolloutConfigManager. But in logs i always see "rolloutConfigManager" is null.

Below is the code and issue .

@reference
private RolloutConfigManager rolloutConfigManager;

RolloutConfig rolloutConfig;

public void create(Resource resolver resResolver, string rolloutConfigPath) {

if (rolloutConfigManager != null) {
log.info("inside config manager for rollout: {}", rolloutConfigPath);
rolloutConfig = rolloutConfigManager.getRolloutConfig(rolloutConfigPath);
log.info("for rollout: {}", rolloutConfig);
}else{
log.info("rolloutConfigManager is null");
}

}

and /system/console/components/, i see this issue- 

VENUGOPALCH1_0-1716452817046.png

Any idea on how to fix this.

and in my local i have - 

<aem.sdk.api>2023.12.14697.20231215T125030Z</aem.sdk.api>
2 Replies

Level 9

HI @VENUGOPALCH1 ,

The issue you are facing with the RolloutConfigManager being null in your system components could be due to a few reasons. Here are some possible solutions to fix this issue:

1. Check the OSGi Configuration: Ensure that the OSGi configuration for the RolloutConfigManager is properly set up. You can verify this by going to the OSGi Configuration console (`/system/console/configMgr`) and checking if the configuration for the RolloutConfigManager is present and active. If it is not present or not active, you may need to configure and activate it.

2. Verify the Service Binding: Make sure that the service binding between the RolloutConfigManager and your component is correctly established. Check if the `@Reference` annotation is properly configured in your code. Ensure that the `rolloutConfigManager` field is properly injected with the service instance.

3. Check Dependencies: Verify if all the required dependencies for the RolloutConfigManager are satisfied. The RolloutConfigManager may have dependencies on other services or bundles. Make sure that these dependencies are available and active in your AEM instance.

4. Restart the AEM Instance: If the above steps do not resolve the issue, try restarting your AEM instance. Sometimes, a restart can help resolve dependency or initialization issues.

If the issue persists after trying these solutions, it may be helpful to check the AEM logs for any error messages or stack traces related to the RolloutConfigManager. These logs can provide more insights into the root cause of the issue.

Additionally, ensure that you have the correct version of the AEM SDK API bundle installed in your local environment. The version you mentioned (`2023.12.14697.20231215T125030Z`) seems to be a future version, so make sure you have the appropriate version installed.

If the issue still persists, it may be helpful to reach out to Adobe Support or consult the AEM community forums for further assistance.

Administrator

@VENUGOPALCH1 Did you find the suggestion helpful? Please let us know if you require more information. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni