<cui jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured">
<inline
jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"
toolbar="[spellcheck#checktext]">
</inline>
</cui>
</uiSettings>
</content>

I added this property removeSingleParagraphContainer="{Boolean}true" because it adding the data with p tags by default . After i added that property spell check doesn't work - It doesn't recognize the data entered - It always says no spelling issues found .. I am trying to have a spell check and save the data without p tags . Is there anything that needs to be modified or altered .. to make this work? 

4 Replies

Community Advisor

@AEMnewbie,

There are many ways to tackle this problem, but here is one way to do it with Sling Models.

For Touch UI, You can create a custom paraformat option in the AEM Touch UI, cq/gui/components/authoring/dialog/richtext, and then using Java Backend, Sling Model, to text-transform the output, so that your Sightly HTL can render the output Html as expected. For the full tutorial you can find it here.

https://sourcedcode.com/blog/aem/aem-richtext-remove-p-tag-removesingleparagraphcontainer-for-touch-...

Level 4

@BrianKasingli  Thats what i ended up doing .. I was just trying to see if this is something that could be controlled at the component level itself

Community Advisor

Excellent, im glad that it worked out; unfortunately, there is no out of the box solution to fix this cause. A solution with javascript is just too troublesome. 

Level 4

@BrianKasingli  Dont you think this is something that should be provided OOTB by AEM?