Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Restrict siteadmin view/content using ACL?

Level 10

Hello All,

Is it possible to restrict a specific user's view on siteadmin.html, probably to view just /content/campaigns/Test/campaignName alone and not the /content tree and rest of the trees in siteadmin.html

In addition is it possible to restrict the user from clicking on the dam(image) icon on the bar in siteadmin.html and view assets?

Usecase would be : Workflow that sends an email to the user with a link and when the user clicks on the link and logs in with a login id maintained in AEM,he/she should be able to see just the campaign folder and folder name Test and the campaign page. 

Please let me know.

Thanks and Regards,

Nicole

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Yes should be,  Example oob create a user "aaa" and assign user to group "Content Authors".   For the user "aaa" from permission tab provide access to /content/campaigns and Remove rest of the aceess below content.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Yes should be,  Example oob create a user "aaa" and assign user to group "Content Authors".   For the user "aaa" from permission tab provide access to /content/campaigns and Remove rest of the aceess below content.

Level 10

Hey sham, but is it possible to have the view restricted at siteadmin.html, i.e> have a portion of tree displayed, and not everything under content?

Level 10

Thanks a lot Sham for all the help,

1. I am assuming you have set read permissions for all the nodes, /apps,/content,/libs and ? for WCM to show up minimal content just /campaigns/geometrixx tree alone.

2. I also wonder when i create a user and set permissions, i see that on user admin logging in, the siteadmin.html is a blank screen, just completely blank, don't know if anyone else has been facing this issue.

3. Is it possible to have say the everything else(as per the snapshot in sidekick) hidden , i.e> Page, components and the rest other than the workflow icon so that i disable everything for the content approver except the workflow tab, so that a workflow could be triggered.

4. Finally is it possible to extract Users profiles and groups and permissions associated to them using the package manager.

Regards,

Nicole

Level 10

Hi Nicole,

*  I just gave sample example how you achieve using acl. More details refer [1] for evaluation etc..

* For admin user acl will not be evaluated might be something else going on. For Siteadmin blank clear a browser cache & verify. If still issue persist file a daycare.

*  Yes it is possible to disable based on permission. If you want to hide you need custom implementation.

*    Take a look at [2] to create a package of acl (permissions)

[1]    http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/administering/security.html

[2]    http://www.wemblog.com/2011/11/how-to-create-package-based-on-xpath-in.html

Thanks,

Sham

Level 10

Hope this snapshot helps you the sample I was reffering

[img]Perm.png[/img]