Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Resource Mapping

Level 1

Hi there,

I recently followed the instructions here Resource Mapping... literally!! and now all of my UAT links are broken because anything with /content/ is being mapped to localhost:4503. I have since deleted the node and tree activated the etc/map node, but the redirect still exists on the site. I checked the jcrresolver mapping on the UAT server and it does not exist. So I am scratching my head as to why this would still persist.

I need help, and  urgently.

Many thanks.
Graham

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Graham

Mapping is something which needs to be handled very carefully. Where you trying this in your local ? I am not sure why you should map localhost to any of the DEV servers. Anyway, the point is, if you have deleted those mapping, then you should be good. But just go to your publish and make sure , if really those nodes are deleted as Ekambaram said. If yes, delete it and restart your server. Restart may help !!

Edit :- I just tried what you have mentioned

1. I created a node, replicated the same.

2. I deleted it from author and replicated the etc/map/http folder.

- Conclusion --> The node which was already replicated (in your case , your mapping) is not removed from the publish. It just remains there. So , if its some server where you are not allowed to delete nodes, just do an installation of the map folder with whatever you need, which may override the nodes .

OR manually go to your publish and delete those nodes.

The best solution you could have done is to click "Replicate Delete" from your author, before you deleted the node from author. Please be informed that, "Replicate Delete" will delete the node from publish. Once that is done, you can delete the same from author (if needed)

Thanks

Veena

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 4

Can you check in each individual publishers. If the issue remains there in each individual publisher. Then try replicating /etc/map node one more time through the replication tree. If the issue still persists. Clear your replication from /var and try.

If there is no issue at individual publisher level. The please clear the dispatcher cache and try again.

Level 1

Thanks for the reply. It finally got fixed by logging in to the origin publisher and deleting the node. What is interesting is how it gets out-of-sync.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Graham

Mapping is something which needs to be handled very carefully. Where you trying this in your local ? I am not sure why you should map localhost to any of the DEV servers. Anyway, the point is, if you have deleted those mapping, then you should be good. But just go to your publish and make sure , if really those nodes are deleted as Ekambaram said. If yes, delete it and restart your server. Restart may help !!

Edit :- I just tried what you have mentioned

1. I created a node, replicated the same.

2. I deleted it from author and replicated the etc/map/http folder.

- Conclusion --> The node which was already replicated (in your case , your mapping) is not removed from the publish. It just remains there. So , if its some server where you are not allowed to delete nodes, just do an installation of the map folder with whatever you need, which may override the nodes .

OR manually go to your publish and delete those nodes.

The best solution you could have done is to click "Replicate Delete" from your author, before you deleted the node from author. Please be informed that, "Replicate Delete" will delete the node from publish. Once that is done, you can delete the same from author (if needed)

Thanks

Veena

Community Advisor

It don't get out of sync, but you should have first "Replicate Delete" before even deleting it from author.