Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Resolving removed/deprecated libs files/components

Level 4

Hi all

Upgrading from 6.1 to 6.3.

There are components in the 6.1 libs that have been deprecated and removed from the 6.3 libs.

Application components that reference removed/deprecated libs components will throw up errors.

Question

What is best practise for fixing this?

1. Copy what used to be in the libs directory of 6.1 to apps directory of 6.3?
  2. Implement whatever new feature adobe has recommended as replacement?
  3. Is there option 3?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

"Copy what used to be in the libs directory of 6.1 to apps directory of 6.3?' - that is a bad idea - that will break AEM.

Please do not do that!

The best way to proceed to to rewrite your AEM 6.1 component using AEM 6.3 APis. If you had JSP/Tag libs in AEM 6.1 in Classic - convert them to HTL and Touch UI.  The bets practice with AEM 6.3 is to convert all components to HTL, or HTL and SLing Models )or WCMUsePojo) and have them working in Touch UI.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Administrator

Firstly, I would recommend you to read the documentation:- Upgrading to AEM 6.3 

And here is the list of all deprecated API's with alternatives to them:- Deprecated List ("The Adobe AEM Quickstart and Web Application.")

I hope this would help you.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Correct answer by
Level 10

"Copy what used to be in the libs directory of 6.1 to apps directory of 6.3?' - that is a bad idea - that will break AEM.

Please do not do that!

The best way to proceed to to rewrite your AEM 6.1 component using AEM 6.3 APis. If you had JSP/Tag libs in AEM 6.1 in Classic - convert them to HTL and Touch UI.  The bets practice with AEM 6.3 is to convert all components to HTL, or HTL and SLing Models )or WCMUsePojo) and have them working in Touch UI.

Community Advisor

Totally agree with kautuksahni​ and smacdonald2008​ . There is no easy way out here (unfortunately ), figure out the deprecated items and refactor your code to fit in 6.3