Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Request UnPublication not working

Level 3

I used the Overlay Node [/libs/wcm/core/content/sites/publishpagewizard/jcr:content/body/items/form/items/wizard/items/publishstep/items/fixedColumns/items/fixedColumn1/items/references] to bind the "Request Publication" action in the page information tag to a custom Workflow. However, the "Request UnPublication" action doesn't work. Even without the Overlay Node, clicking this button doesn't trigger any action or show any errors.

The following image shows the button properties I inspected using the development tools (without Overlay Node for UnPublication). It seems that some attributes are missing compared to the Publication button.

1686558052014.jpg

Additionally, I'm using AEM Forms version 6.5.12.0, and the Forms package is adobe-aemfd-win-pkg-6.0.640.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If it is not working, even with the vanilla instance, you can raise an Adobe Support ticket. That would be the ideal way.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @reno1 ,

By looking at the element rendered for the button, you have not overlayed the node properly.

It does not contain the data elements which are necessary for the operation.

This behavior should not be the same in vanilla instances. Please try the same thing in a vanilla instance. which does not contain any custom code. 

Also, for operations such as publishing and un-publishing, it is not only the nodes but the coral clientlibs as well which are responsible for it. So, some of the custom clientlibs implemented within your project code may be interfering with the unpublication action.

If you get the same issue in a vanilla instance, you can raise an Adobe ticket, it could be due to version incompatibility as well. 

Level 3

Hi @Anmol_Bhardwaj

I tried clicking on the "UnPublication" button in an environment with no custom code at all (I rebuilt an environment and installed two packages: aem-service-pkg-6.5.12.0 and adobe-aemfd-win-pkg-6.0.640). However, the button still doesn't work.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If it is not working, even with the vanilla instance, you can raise an Adobe Support ticket. That would be the ideal way.