Expand my Community achievements bar.

Replication/Reverse Replication of Groups best practice??

Former Community Member

Hi,

I am exploring the replication/reverse replication of groups and users. I followed the article on wemblog for reverse replication of groups and users, I am quite satisfied with replication and reverse replication of users as they are being replicated and reverse replicated fine.

However, in case of groups i only enabled the reverse replication as i believed that since members exist as properties there will be more problems and my hunch was true. I had two publishers and i added members to the groups using curl simultaneously to both and observed the group in Author and one publisher always overwrites another. Even if i enable Replication on Author, i doubt rep:members property will be in sync across publishers. 

Has anyone addressed this problem with some logic/mechanism or is there a best practice i should be following. I was thinking of creating a servlet which stores the group members on a node at reverse replication and it will be the responsibility of that servlet to maintain the members of the group and only once the sanity has happened i would reverse replicate the data.

Any thoughts are welcome.

0 Replies