Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Replication of /etc/design/projectname

Level 3

Hi,

I want to replication changes that are made on a design_dialog to my publish instance. I wrote a launcher to do the replication but this replicates as soon as there is a change in node. I want to only replicate when the author clicks page activation.

My launcher users the activate content workflow.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Viren.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

viren.pushpanayagam wrote...

Thanks Sham for your prompt reply. Why does the design stuff not get replicated when I use page activate? What is the recommended way to replicate design files?

Thank you.

Cheers,

Viren.

The frequence of Authoring activity like editing, adding etc...  is continuous  compared to design stuff.   Additionally changes in design stuff impacted all pages and need more testing.    Hence replicate a page just activate a content & its respective assets.   You can customize to activate design also but does not real work in general.   The recommended way to activate design & clientlibs is through packages or miscadmin.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi Viren,

use miscadmin to activate design or package.  If not acceptable you need custom implementation with providing a button below activate page & implementing activation of design.

[1]   http://<host>:<port>/miscadmin#/etc/designs/

Thanks,

Sham

Level 3

Thanks Sham for your prompt reply. Why does the design stuff not get replicated when I use page activate? What is the recommended way to replicate design files?

Thank you.

Cheers,

Viren.

Correct answer by
Level 10

viren.pushpanayagam wrote...

Thank you.

Cheers,

Viren.

The frequence of Authoring activity like editing, adding etc...  is continuous  compared to design stuff.   Additionally changes in design stuff impacted all pages and need more testing.    Hence replicate a page just activate a content & its respective assets.   You can customize to activate design also but does not real work in general.   The recommended way to activate design & clientlibs is through packages or miscadmin.

Level 10

Viren,

The process in the OOTB Activate Content workflow will not activate all its dependencies. If you want etc/design also to be published, then you may have to extend the existing service and write a custom logic to publish the nodes under etc/designs when an activation event happens.

Thanks,

Lokesh

Employee

Hi,

You might want to take a look at http://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/features/reference-providers.html. If you enable the Design Reference Provider, it will prompt authors to publish the design settings when necessary (similar to how referenced assets cause a prompt OOTB).

Regards,

Justin