Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Replicating user login tokens and profile across to other publishers

Former Community Member

Hi,

We have a registration process where we create users and allow them to login and logout from CQ. We have noticed that when a user is logged in into CQ a login token is generated under /home/user/usernode, we want these tokens and users profile to be available on all the publisher instances that we have. 

We do not want the users to be reverse replicated and then replicated again as we expect a million plus users and there will be a lot of overhead if we decide to take this path. 

Is there any other way we can do it?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

I guess login token replication to other publisher instance will not be a good way because token is created for a perticuler session when user log in. 

What you can do is to give the registration link to author instance and then replicate that user to other publish instance and give that login link to publish instance.  

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

I guess login token replication to other publisher instance will not be a good way because token is created for a perticuler session when user log in. 

What you can do is to give the registration link to author instance and then replicate that user to other publish instance and give that login link to publish instance.  

Level 2

Hi Kumar,

The easiest approach would be to use a WF Launcher .

You can set the launcher that listens only to Author mode. You can set the property (rep:user/rep:Authorizable{users and groups}) based on your requirement.

In this WF you can implement a process step that gets the list of all publisher instances and then replicate ..

Regards

Harish

Former Community Member

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the reply. I did not quite understood your second statement, can you elaborate it a bit more.

Secondly, we want our users to be logged in forever if they have indicated so at the time of login. They will only be logged out if they click on logout so it is important for use to get the token passed to the other publisher so that all the publishers can identify the user.

Level 6

What I meant is, create user in author instance and then replicate to all publish instances. And you can also enable Sticky connection for your second part of your question.